Friday, June 17, 2011

I Come

I COME

O Lord my God. I come. I come to you … I come because you invited me.

I am not rejected because your word says I am accepted in the Beloved, Jesus Christ your Son.

I come to you in faith believing that you are – that you exist, and that you reward those who seek you. I seek you. I want to be in your presence.

I know you sit high on a throne – you are the King after all. But it is, as your word says, a throne of grace. Grace, the undeserved goodness of you, my God. I come to the undeserved goodness of my God, my Father, my heavenly Father.

You bid me come, You call to me. And so I come.

Faith. I need faith to come to you because I must believe that you exist. I do believe, Lord Father God. I believe in you. And I believe that you love me. I also believe that you reward those who diligently seek you. I seek you. O Lord I seek you with all my heart.

It is good that I do not need to drag this weak physical body to some far city and beg access to the King, a King who sits on a throne protected from the common people. Were that the case I would not be able to come to you. Firstly my derelict body would not be able to make the trek. Secondly if I could find a way to accomplish it in spite of my body, how could I hope to gain an audience with the King? It is a laughable thought.

But you, O Lord, are not like earthly Kings. Your throne is in the heavenlies, a place which mortals cannot even comprehend, let alone guard and protect from common folk. That heavenly throne sounds even more far off than an earthly throne in some distant city. And yet all I need do to travel there is to bow my head and I am in your presence. No distance to travel, no bodyguards to pass, no assistants to convince.

Jesus spanned the distance when he came to earth from you as a babe and grew into the man who would become the sacrifice for my sins. Jesus removed the need for guards since his sacrifice opened the way and granted me free access to you at any moment. Jesus is your assistant and since the way was made clear through him, he has already approved my coming. There is no petition to be made to gain access, there is only petition to be made once I am there.

I know you hear me because your holy word tells me that is the case. You hear me because you want to; it is that simple. You invited me. You want me to come …

YOU want ME to come to you. Oh the thought, the glorious thought. Sometimes Lord it is almost unbelievable that you would and could love me so much. But I know it is true. You love me so much that you were willing to sacrifice your one and only begotten son to be the sacrifice for the sins of the world, including mine.

O Lord, I accept that sacrifice and I accept your love. I love you back.

And so I come.

Originally posted on facebook Sunday, March 27, 2011 9:47 AM

No comments:

Post a Comment